They say a person can tell a lot about you when you smile. So shouldn’t we all invest in a healthy beautiful smile? Our teeth speak volumes about our hygiene, emotional state, sexuality, social class,health, and culture. Your smile is your first impression to future employers, investors and maybe that special someone. A clean mouth with white teeth signal messages of good health and eating habits to onlookers. In many professional, personal, cultural, and social circles, many individuals would be hesitant and feel reluctant to get closer, initiate interactions, talk less of a kiss on the lips with a person they have met who happens to have a set of crooked dentures. Have you ever seen movies of the shy socially awkward teen with crooked teeth and braces? Meanwhile, the arrogant jock has the perfect pearly whites and is the captain of the football team? This portrays your smile influencing your social class. It is wise to think of your teeth as your professional business card.
There’s actually a serious side when it comes to examining them. Many of the traits that reveal much about your character and lifestyle can also reveal problems in terms of the health and general appearance of your teeth. For example, drinking large amounts of coffee, wine or beer can cause halitosis (bad breath), discoloration of the teeth, and in rare cases, serious health problems, such as gum disease and mouth cancer. Bad habits can also ruin the enamel on youth teeth. Chronic grinding of the teeth can lead to unpleasant symptoms such as headaches and pain, and in particularly bad cases, can result in loss of teeth.
A dental implant is a titanium screw that fuses with the jawbone. The process of fusing an implant with bone, called osseointegration, involves connecting the implant with a component called an abutment that supports the crown. But what is a dental implant able to do that other teeth-replacement options, such as bridges or dentures, can’t do? Replacing missing teeth should be number one on your priority list.
When a tooth is missing, the rest of the teeth have a natural tendency to migrate by erupting out of the jaw bone in order to make up for the spaces in your mouth. Implants are surgically used to replace roots of missing teeth.
There are several advantages to dental implants compared to dentures or bridges.
- With dental implants you will not experience some of the consequences of wearing a denture alone or a removable bridge like soreness in the gums, and lost of taste.
- You will not experience pain while eating your food.
- They prevent bone loss and are aesthetically beautiful, which is a major confidence booster.
- They are most cost effective and last longer with proper hygiene care.
There are several disadvantages to partial dentures.
- You constantly have to replace them over time.
- Dentures alter your speech because it takes up more space in your mouth.
- You are more prone to mouth infections.
- This type of solution does not cover the fact that you are still missing teeth, so your teeth will try to migrate out of your jaw bone.
Dr. Alvaro Ordonez makes sure your expectations are met, with over 20 years of experience, he specializes in dental restorations that will boost your confidence and give you that Hollywood Dream smile.