Daniel E. Dekoter being one of the most successful trial lawyers says that most cases are won or lost before the trial session starts. He further adds that in the pre-trial procedure all the evidences are collected, case theories and facts are developed, witnesses are questioned and deposed, and numerous motions are argued, filed, and decided by the magistrate.
How to win a civil lawsuit- Guides Daniel E. DeKoter
- Experts like Daniel E. Dekoter say that one should hire a lawyer unless he or she is familiar with the law. This is because the civil lawsuits are often regarded as one of the most complicated process that requires specialized knowledge in order to come to a successful end. Even though there is no such guarantee that after an attorney is hired you will win the case but at least you can get a favorable judgment.
- Once you have planned of hiring an attorney, it is important to find out the type of attorney you need. Usually, the attorneys specialize in particular areas like for example; Daniel Dekoter specializes in insurance defense, personal injury, and business disputes, estate planning and business and employment law, and administration. Listed below are some of the most common types of civil lawsuits:
- Employee lawsuits
- Breach of contract
- Personal injury
- However, in case you are not sure as to what type of attorney you need you can get in touch with general practice attorney who handles a range of legal cases. When finding an attorney you can also take help of the friends or neighbors who have taken help of an attorney in the recent times. Make sure that you are choosing the attorney who has lots of experience in the field and has handles cases like yours at past successfully.
- When you have finalized an attorney you should make an appointment with him or her and discuss about the case comprehensively. Also find out the fees that are associated with the case and ask the attorney how long is the case expected to take. Make sure that you do not hide any facts and tell all important details related to the case to the lawyer.
- Make sure that you attend all planned meetings with your attorney in order to prepare for depositions and trial. Also you should follow the instructions of the attorney rather than using your own ideas since the attorney is the professional and knows a bit extra about the cases that you.
These are some of the points that you should adhere to in order to win the civil lawsuit.
Daniel E. Dekoter has received Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rating and at present he resides in rural Dickinson County, Iowa. He is associated with DeKoter, Thole & Dawson, P.L.C for more than three decades now. At present he holds the designation of partner in the firm and works to solve the legal issues of the client. He also offers free legal services to charitable institutions.