This year, IIM Lucknow is conducting the CAT 2017. This all-India competitive examination is scheduled for the 26th of November, 2017. The admit card will be available for download from 18th October 2017. All candidates who have successfully registered for CAT will be issued the admit card. This year, the card will be available solely online and candidates are expected to download and print their CAT 2017 admit card.
Steps Involved in Downloading the CAT Admit Card
Make sure you have high-speed internet connectivity when you are downloading the admit card. Also, ensure that the browser you use is the latest one, to avoid any problems. You can use Mozilla, Internet Explorer, or Chrome to access and download the admit card.
Here are the steps you need to follow to download your CAT 2017 admit card:
- Get onto the official IIM CAT website.
- Click on the ‘Existing User’ tab.
- Enter your CAT username and password to reach your profile page.
- On the profile page, look for the link that allows you to access the admit card.
- Click on the link. This will automatically download the card onto your computer.
- Find the location where the card has been saved and use Adobe Reader to open it.
- Check the admit card and take a printout using a laser printer.
Your CAT Admit Card is a very important document. It works like your hall ticket and allows you entry into the examination venue. It contains a lot of information about you and the examination. So, make sure you go through it carefully.
The following details will be mentioned in your admit card:
- Your name
- User ID, which is also your registration number
- Day and date of the examination
- Time of the examination
- Time you should report at the examination center
- Name of the city, along with the address of the examination center
- Your photo and signature
- Space for sticking the same photograph that you uploaded at the time of registering for CAT 2017
- Your centre
- Space to sign (this has to be done in front of the invigilator)
- PwD or DA status
The admit card will also contain some instructions about the code of conduct at the examination center and during the examination. So, make sure you read these instructions with care.
If you notice there are errors on your admit card, get in touch with the CAT Help Desk right away. You can contact them on their toll-free number or through an email. You will find the contact details on the CAT website.
Things to Remember About the CAT 2017 Admit Card
There are a few things you need to keep in mind about the admit card.
- You will not receive admit card by post or email.
- The admit card will be available on the CAT website and has to be downloaded when it is released.
- You can download the admit card right till the day of the examination.
- You need to carry an original printout of the admit card and it should be supported by a valid photo identity.
- Retain the admit card after the examination, as you will have to present it during the admission process.
- Make sure that the admit card print out is clear and distinct. It should not be smudged, damaged or mutilated.
- Do not make any changes to the admit card.
Carry the admit card with you on the day of the examination. Also, don’t forget to carry a valid photo ID. You can carry your driving license, passport, Aadhaar card, UID, college ID, employee ID, voter ID, and/or even an identification affidavit as your valid photo ID.