One of the favorite tourist places in the world, Malaysia is one of the most diverse countries with people from various ethnicities have made it their home. Malaysia is ranked 9th in the world for tourist arrivals. The Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017 ranks Malaysia 25th out of 141 countries overall, which was the fifth best in Asia.
But more often than not whilst visiting nations, tourists do things a certain way that it goes against the culture of the country, landing them in a soup. Today, we are going to list down some tips for the Malaysian tourists:
- Try to apply for official Malaysia visa as soon as possible, sending your visa application at the earliest. Get in touch with a trustworthy visa processing agency online to get your visa processing quick.
- If you choose to express your opinion based on what you hear or read from news reporters around the world, you might stir a severe controversy. Politics is a raw nerve in Malaysia, and it would be in your best interest if you don’t be a critique of their government. Anyway, you are here to have a relaxing vacation, why would spoil it bickering about the ways the country is being run?
- Similarly, religion is also a sensitive subject in Malaysia, and you would be better off not discussing it. The reason being, they don’t want any unsolicited opinion on religion to disrupt the harmonious manner in which the Islamic, Chinese and Indian are living together.
- Considering the majority of the population is Islamic, some traditions are deep-rooted in the whole nation, such as you can handshake the men, but not women, unless they bring it in first. Do not get offended if you are a man and they refuse to shake hands with you. Malaysian greet their visitors by placing their right hand on the left side of their chest. Follow suit.
- Malaysia is one of the safest and tourist-friendly nations in the world, yet it is an individual’s prime responsibility to be mindful of their safety at all times. Considering the culture, they don’t indulge in alcohol much, meaning you don’t have to worry about being mugged or held at gunpoint. But make sure to get your currency converted into your nation as the conversion rates are high here.
- You will have to remove your footwear before entering a Malaysian home or place of worship. Females will be provided with robes and scarves. It would be considered impolite to refuse it; it is a part of their culture.
So if you are planning to travel to Malaysia from any country be it India or any other nation, visa processing can be a hassle. Instead of wandering hopelessly from one visa service agent to another, we would suggest you reach out to credible online visa service providers catering to nation-specific passport holders. You will find online agencies effective ways to get the official Malaysia visa done, that will also reimburse your commute expense. These services are readily available for resolving consumer grievance 24*7.