With the growth in the industrial development of the world, business Immigration is becoming common day by day. With the advancement in technology the world has become reachable and the transportation between the countries has become a very common thing. With the frequency rising day by day to visit different countries the immigration policies have been revising. If we take Florida as an example, The United States Citizen Immigration Services (USCIS) is responsible for issuing and classifying the visas. So, if anybody wishes to visit Florida (s)he has to request for a visa from USCIS. The visa applications have been classified according to the time and the job specifications.
Not all the visa application for the employment fall in the same category. Depending upon the purpose of visit a visa is issued to an individual. Like, some people visit the US with a work only permit while others for an investment purpose. Depending upon the purpose the period may vary. To assure yourself that you have the correct visa, an immigration attorney interviews you and ask about your purpose of visit and the time that will be sufficient to accomplish your purpose. He then works to provide the right classification for the visa. The article focusses on the classification of the visa applications and categories.
- Employment-Based Fifth Preference EB-5 Visa:
USCIS manages the EB-5 visa program. The EB-5 program was initiated in 1990 by the Congress to increase the US Economy by offering more jobs that may add to the capital investment by the foreign employees or entrepreneurs. Under this classification an entrepreneur along with his wife and children below 21 are qualified can apply for a green card if:
He is investing in a commercial association in the United States.
Plans to serve the enterprises established in the United States as a permanent and a full-time employee, at least for ten consecutive jobs.
- Employment -Based Immigration Fourth Preference EB-4:
A person is liable to apply for an EB-4 Visa only if he or she is a special immigrant. The following is the list of special immigrants:
- Retired Nato-6 employees
- Armed Forces Members
- Religious Workers
- Irani and Afghani translators
- International Organization Employees
- Iraqis assisting the United States
- Panama Canal Zone Employees
- Spouses and unmarried children of deceased Nato-6 employees
To file for an EB-4 Visa, the employer should file Form I-360.
- Employment-Based Employment Third Preference EB-3 Visa
You are eligible for an EB-3 visa if you possess a professional degree or a skilled worker.
The skilled worker requires to serve the United States for a minimum of 2 years working or a training experience that should be permanent. No seasonal or temporary nature of employment is entertained in this category.The Professionals must have a US Baccalaureate degree or any foreign degree.
- Employment- Based Immigration Second Preference EB-2 Visa:
You can apply for an EB-2 visa if you hold an advanced degree in the professional work structure. You may need to provide the evidence such as
- An official academic record of your qualification that must clearly mention that it is a US degree or a foreign equivalent.
- Appointment letters of the former or the current organization.
- At least five years of post-baccalaureate work experience in the area of specialization.
- Employment Based Immigration First Preference EB-1 Visa:
You are eligible for an EB-1 Visa if you are an experienced Professor, Researcher or a Multinational Executive or a Manager.