Whether you exercise, cleanse, or maintain a healthy diet, there are many ways to ensure beautiful skin. The best way to achieve the skin of your dreams is not using just one of these techniques, but combining them all together to create the ultimate healthy lifestyle.
If you’re already eating well, exercising, and cleansing your skin every day with organic products like those from YUNI Beauty, it’s time to learn about the best yoga poses to increase the effectiveness of your skincare routine.
Also known as the Lotus Pose, Padmasana improves meditation and calms the mind. Many believe that continuously practicing this pose helps you blossom just like a lotus. Not only does this pose relax the mind, but it works on the muscles, nerves, and skin as well.
- Sit on a mat with your legs straight in front of you and your spine erect.
- Bend your left leg at the knee and place your foot on your right thigh with your heel close to your stomach.
- Put your right leg in the same pose.
- Place one hand on each knee in a mudra position of your choice.
- Make sure your spine and head are properly aligned.
- Hold this pose and breath while counting to 100.
To prevent pain or injuries during this pose, perform this asana under supervision if you have ankle or knee problems.
Marichyasana, known as the Sage Pose, increases circulation through the internal organs, especially the stomach region. Clearing your stomach and helping it flush out toxins helps your skin avoid a buildup of grease and dirt.
- Sit down with your legs straight in front of you and your body erect.
- Bend one knee so that your feet are flat on the ground with the heel near your pelvis.
- Make sure the toes of your other foot are pointing straight up to the sky.
- Keeping your spine straight, raise your arms up and then inhale and twist towards your bent knee.
- Wrap one arm around your knee and the other around your back, clasping them.
- Turn your head away from your bent knee, draw your shoulder blades together, and breath.
- Hold for one minute before performing the sequence on the other side.
This pose can be difficult if you’re suffering from a serious back injury, have a history of headaches, or have blood pressure problems.
The Bow Pose, Dhanurasana, is one of the most beneficial for the skin. It promotes circulation and oxygen flow throughout your entire body and helps detoxify you as you put pressure on the abdomen.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your feet slightly apart and your arms by your side.
- Fold your knees and bring your feet towards your butt, while reaching back with your arms.
- Grab your ankles and inhale, lifting your chest from the ground.
- The weight of your body should be entirely on your abdomen.
- Keep your shoulders down and your neck stretched as you look straight ahead.
- Hold the pose for about 20 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat this pose four or five times.
This pose is not beneficial for those who are pregnant or who have had recent abdominal surgery, as it puts too much pressure on the stomach. Abstain from this pose if you have had recent hernias, neck injuries, or back pain.
The Plow Pose, Halasana, prepares your mind and body for deep rejuvenation. It tones and strengthens muscles, while simultaneously stretching the back and neck muscles.
- Start lying flat on your back with your arms by your sides, palms facing up.
- Inhale and lift your feet off the ground, using your abdominals, until they’re at a 90° angle.
- Use your hands to support your hips and low back, lifting them off the ground.
- Bring your legs over your head until your toes touch the floor behind it.
- Hold this position for one minute before exhaling and slowly bringing your legs down.
This pose can be very helpful for people suffering from back pain, but it should only be performed under the supervision of a yoga instructor or doctor.
Yoga and Skin
Yoga is so healthy for your skin because it ensures your blood is circulating through the body. Blood flow is essential to the skin, as it brings with it a healthy supply of oxygen to remove toxins and free radicals. Without exercise, your skin doesn’t get enough oxygen, which leaves it looking dull and pale. Try these yoga poses and watch as your skin glows.