Choosing a luxury drug rehab that meet your need is an important decision to make since it concerns your chances of making a full recovery. On the internet, you will find many luxury drug rehab that advertised themselves as being the best. When making a decision, you should not just look at the photos posted on the website but do serious research into all aspects of the drug rehab program. The following are 5 tips on how to choose a luxury rehab center.
- Licensing and Accreditation: When shopping around, the first thing is to check the licensing and accreditation of the luxury drug rehab. Every state has its own guidelines on the licensing and accreditation. You can check the state government site to find out these requirements. Once you have determined a list of licensed rehab that you are interested in joining, you can make phone call to each of them to determine whether they accept your insurance policy for payment. If they do not accept insurance policy, you will have to pay for the program out of your own savings.
- Check What Types of Treatment are Available: You can start looking into what types of treatments they offer if they accept insurance and you decide to join them. On their site, they should list down all the different treatments that are available. It is best to join a rehab that provides dual diagnosis treatment since drug addiction almost always starts from an emotional or mental problem. Contingency management rewards a client with a tangible reward when they have attained a behavior that helps them to abstain from the substance. Medication assisted treatment use approved medication as substitutes for the drugs that the patient is depending on.
- Check What Types of Recreational Therapies They Offer: Many luxury drug rehab centers provide a variety of recreational therapies such as music therapy, board games, horseback riding, BBQs, picnics, and drawing. Recreational activities can assist in the releasing of mood elevators in the brain. You will be more open to socialize with people instead of keeping everything to yourself. It can help you to find enjoyment through healthy hobbies.
- Check the Program Duration: You also have to consider how long the program will last. Usually, an inpatient drug rehab program will last for 1 month or more. Staying for 90 days or more at the rehab will yield more effective result and reduce the chances of relapse. Some rehab requires a minimum residency of 12 months for addictions to dangerous drugs like heroin, and methadone. If you can set aside the time and you have the budget, you should join inpatient. Statistics from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health claim that 2.5 million addicts are treated through inpatient program.
- Call the Luxury Drug Rehab Center: You should give the center a call and talk to someone from the admission team. The admission team must be friendly and be able to answer all your questions. You can ask them to make an arrangement so that you can get a tour of their facility. While on the phone, you should also ask about the post treatment recovery support. Post treatment recovery support is necessary for making steady progress towards complete sobriety when you are just recovered from your addiction.